- Graham crackers
- Pineapple slices
- 8.75 oz fruit cocktail
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 14 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, condensed milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix very well.
- Arrange the graham crackers in a baking pan.
- Pour some of the condensed milk mixture onto the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips.
- Arrange another layer of graham crackers and cover it again with the condensed milk mixture. Do as many layers as you want.
- After the final layer, arrange the pineapple slices on top.
- Drain the fruit cocktail and sprinkle it on top of the pineapple slices.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Make the gelatin as directed from the package.
- Let it cool down.
- Pour it on top of the fruit cocktail.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Crema de fruta is one of the most popular Pinoy recipe dessert that I know off. This is basically a cake that is topped with fruits and gelatin. Others make a chiffon cake as their base and others use graham crackers. I like to use graham crackers because it makes it easier to make crema de fruta compared to using chiffon or sponge cake. And I personally think that graham crackers on crema de fruta tastes much better than chiffon or sponge cake.
If you are going to make crema de fruta, it is best to use fresh fruits. But if it’s not available, then canned fruits would be okay. The use of chocolate chips is optional. You don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. But adding some chocolate chips make this Pinoy recipe dessert a lot better than the usual crema de fruta.
Crema de fruta is most commonly served during special occasion, at least in our family. This is not something that you can eat everyday unless you want to be fat. I would say that that is the only thing that is bad about crema de fruta, it is so fattening. But boy it does taste good! This tastes a lot better than ice cream. I remember that is only being served during New Year’s Eve, birthdays, weddings, and family reunion. That is why I was always looking forward to those special occasions.